You’re Totally In! Totally Into the idea of a healthy life … in theory. But then you wonder how to tackle such a complete overhaul of your routine. Who has the time? The answer is that you do. You can’t afford not to. The key is to tackle it in bite sized chunks. Just a few small changes can add up to a healthier and happier you.
Let’s start with diet. We know! That word is enough to strike fear into the heart of us all.
But diet doesn’t have to mean denying yourself. Instead of forgoing the foods that we like, we need to adopt the habit of moderation in all things. So go ahead and have that cookie that you crave … just don’t eat the whole pack! By making some simple changes, you will feel better, stronger, healthier, Totally In!
• Swap white for wholegrain. Bread, pasta and rice don’t need to be our Diet Demons. Use wholegrain instead. Its nutty flavor is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Just a small tweak of this carb in your diet will make meals like Spaghetti Bolognese, Grilled Cheese or Beef Stroganoff super healthful. Less calories, more fiber and the taste is even better. What’s not to love about that?
• Did you listen to your Mom when she told you that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Try eating oatmeal instead of your usual sugary cereal. A slow release of energy throughout the morning will keep you from snacking before lunch. See? Mom really did know best!
• Fool yourself! Use a smaller plate for every meal and your brain will be deceived into thinking that you are still eating the same portions. Could reducing calories be any simpler?
• Do yourself and your wallet a favor by bringing your lunch to work each day. Use up leftovers; control your portions; and avoid the expense of store bought sandwiches.
• Get up from that sofa and come sit at the table. C’mon! Put down that laptop. Let go of the remote. Take time to enjoy your food and savor every bite. Use mealtimes to talk with family and friends. Totally In!
• Take your Zicam Total Immune to help support a healthy immune system.*
So what about exercise? Yeah, yeah, we’ve heard all the excuses!
You don’t have time to go to the gym … it’s too expensive to join a class! But the truth of the matter is, it only takes a few small adjustments to your daily routine and before you know it your fitness levels will improve.
• Don’t just listen to your music; dance along to the beat
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator
• Park your car further away and walk the extra steps
• Meet your friends for a walk instead of a coffee
• Go outside! Stroll by the beach, hike up a mountain, walk in the park and fill your lungs with fresh air
• Buy some small weights and follow online guides on how to build body strength
And to help your body convert food to fuel, why not support your body with Zicam Total Immune each day?
Let’s be honest, life can get a bit crazy! Busy! Stressful! Just not enough hours in the day!
So take a moment to rest, recharge and reset your brain. Take some time out for yourself each and every day, so that when you come back in, you’re Totally In.
• Learn to say No. Reserve your energies for those who need you most. You cannot be all things to all people.
• Go to bed. Turn off the electronics, close the shutters and let yourself switch off with a good night’s sleep.
• Be grateful. When you’ve had a bad day, make a quick list of all the good stuff in your life to reset your brain on a more positive note.
• Have a laugh! Often described as the best medicine, a good laugh will release endorphins, those ‘feel good’ chemicals.
• – Praise yourself. With so much talk of goal setting and milestones, don’t forget to stop for a moment to acknowledge all you’ve achieved.
• And don’t forget! Support your body’s natural ability to convert food to energy with Zicam Total Immune.*